Monday, March 14, 2011

inspired.

This weekend was my stake conference. It was SO GREAT! I had the opportunity to hear from President Callister (Bountiful Temple President), his wife, and Elder Piper of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was such a great conference!

highlights

:President Callister said, "Safety is not about WHERE you live, but HOW you live." I felt like this was very appropriate considering the natural disasters that have been taking place. I have been told all my life to expect an earthquake any day (Seriously, since I was in elementary school. I have been waiting ever since). This was a comfort because I know if will eventually happen, and no matter where I am when it does happen, I will be fine as long as I am living worthily.

:Elder Piper said, "There is no virtual Celestial Kingdom." He was talking about video games and other virtual things. He was saying that addictions are never satisfied, so people who are addicted to video games and other virtual things, will never be satisfied.

:Elder Piper also said not to be bothered by the little things. He told a story about a man whose wife always left her shoes by the front door and he tripped over them throughout his whole marriage. It drove him crazy. After his wife died, he said he would give anything to trip over those shoes again.

There is so much more a got from this conference. It was amazing how much it applied to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment