Monday, May 16, 2011

decided



**i am not generally a negative person, and i'm not a super intense planner/worrier. fyi.

yesterday i was freaking out about the future. for those of you that know me well, (which i assume is most, if not all, of the 3 people that read my blog) i am a super planner. i love to have everything planned out. not that i'm not a spontaneous person, (trust me, i do some pretty spontaneous things. ask my roommates) but i love to have my life planned out. i have had my life planned out since i was a child. i had a hard time graduating from college because i didn't have a plan for what was next in life. now that i have hit another crossroads time, it all came back, but this time, I HAVE A PLAN!

when i say i have a plan, it isn't really a plan for life because there are SO many outside factors that will come into play. my plan is a plan for how to combat my worry-wort nature. i have decided that instead of worrying about what the future has in store, and how to make sure my future is exactly how i want it, i need to only focus on making today the best day it can be. if i make every day great, my future will be great, and it will let me take it all in stride.

how am i going to do this? i'm going to volunteer more. i haven't decided exactly what yet, but i think that as i give my time away, i will get a much bigger reward of helping others. everyone knows about a "service-high." imagine having a service high all the time! talk about a fun life!

i'm also going to think positively about life. bad things are still going to happen, but if i have a better attitude, i will be able to take a bad situation and look at the positive side.

so yes, i have decided to not worry about what the future has in store and when everything is going to happen. i am going to be positive and focus on today, and how i can make it great for me, and for all those around me.

(if i ever complain to anyone reading this, remind me of what i am saying now so i snap out of it and remember what i am doing. thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment